On the recent G20, the negative issues on the table, either openly or coated in diplomatic words, could be summarised as follows:
- The risks linked to international uncontrolled massive migrations;
- The US withdrawal from the Paris accord on Climate Change
- New trends towards trade protectionism
- The attempts to side-line key international organisations, including the UN, the WTO and the Human Rights Council.
The positives, as I see them:
- Establishment of a new fund, to be administered by the WB, to promote the entrepreneurship of African women; USD 325 million.
- The review of steel overcapacity issue and the recommendation that a plan of action should be prepared by Nov. 2017 to address this most divisive economic and trade issue.
- More coordination on the fight against terrorism and violent extremism.
- The leaders have shown they want to find a common ground on a number of issues.