Friday 28 October 2016

The state of politics

I just spent two full weeks in the Southwest of the US and also in Florida. I met a good number of local fellows and most of them did impress me. They are part of those who make America great, on a daily basis and anonymous manner.

I was in Fort Lauderdale the day of the last debate between Hillary Clinton and her republican opponent. As I watched their duel, I kept wondering about today´s politics in a democratic context. To be more precise, I couldn´t stop my continuous bewilderment as I was confronted – through the TV screen, of course – with the extreme and primary mediocrity of the Republican candidate.


I have friends that are Republican supporters. I respect their options. But in the case I was gazing at there was nothing I could find that would allow me to anchor a bit of respect. 

No comments: