Saturday 20 February 2016

David Cameron will keep fighting

The readers have certainly noticed I am not a strong supporter of David Cameron. However, I should immediately add that I was very impressed by his fighting spirit during the EU Council meeting that ended last night. He had a clear understanding of the goals he wanted to achieve and was tireless in pursuing them. Then, in the end, he met the media and communicated very well. The words were the right ones, the political messages easy to grasp and to summarize, and the tone was strong, intense and exultant. I thought, as I was listening to him, that he will be a formidable campaigner to the UK-in-the-EU vote. It will be a difficult political battle. In my opinion, he starts it with a very high chance of defeat. But he has shown that he can turn things around. It will not be easier. But he will fight and it will be an interesting period to observe.


No comments: