Sunday 11 August 2013

Israel's intentions

As Israel announces that 1,200 new homes will be built in the occupied territories, it came to my mind that I have yet to meet a leader in Western Europe that believes in the new round of peace talks John Kerry has been pushing for. Everyone I talked to and every opinion I have read show that in this part of world the current government of Israel is perceived as not really interested in the talks. Moreover, there seems to be little patience left to deal with Prime Minister Netanyahu.

And, by the way, people have forgotten that there is one Mr Blair that is supposed to be doing something out there, as “Representative” of the Quartet. If you mention is name, the reaction is: “Oh, dear! I thought he had left”.


He might be the only European that does not give up the Israel-Palestine business!

No comments: